Northern Star Resources have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Database Administrator at our world-class Kalgoorlie Operations, on a 5:2 roster.
What’s the role on offer?
As the Database Administrator in Kalgoorlie, you will be responsible for maintaining, validating and improving geological data management systems. The role involves troubleshooting problems on-site, system improvements and development as well as ad hoc reporting.
You will also be responsible for:
- Assist with preparation of various reports and presentations;
- Assist and train staff on the use of data management systems
- Develop standards and guidelines for the use of database management systems;
- Input and analyse data;
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications to correct or improve;
- Proactively monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues located at the desktop, server or within the application layer;
- Ensure external data management service providers comply with approved “scope of work and expected outcome” documentation;
- Motivate, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new approved products and improvements to computer systems.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Be part of successful and productive team.
- Great company culture with the opportunity to lead and develop a great workforce.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances and exceptional benefits.
- Membership access to our GoldSTARR reward gateway program
Are you our next Database Administrator?
You’ll be a highly organised individual who will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
This is a residential Kalgoorlie based role, requiring the successful incumbent to reside within the region.
- Geology and/or Information Technology;
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- Experience and working knowledge of database management systems;
- Experience working with and supporting acQuire Gim Suite software;
- A high level of computer literacy with a very good understanding of Microsoft technology;
- Strong MS SQL skills and enterprise report writing tools such as SSRS or Sharepoint and Power Bi;
- Experience with 3D mine modelling software such as Vulcan, Datamine, Micromine, Leapfrog as well as GIS products in MapInfo and/or ArcView;
- Experience with a variety of development languages including Perl, VBA and PowerShell
- Ability to train and mentor personnel with respect to the data management system and products;
- Strong communication, administration and organisational skills;
- Strong time management and critical thinking skills to problem solve;
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in the mining industry;
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
|Job Category||Exploration & Geology|