Electrical Technician – Fixed Plant
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Kalgoorlie Operation for an experienced and motivated Electrical Technician on a family friendly 5:2 roster.
The Electrical Technician reports to the Electrical Supervisor, and the primary role is to utilise skills and knowledge to complete electrical maintenance and installation tasks in all surface operations, in a safe and productive work environment by ensuring all work practices/procedures meet statutory and Company health, safety and operational standards within the Maintenance Department.
Why join us:
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Permanent position
- Residential role enabling you to be home every night
- Ongoing training and development, Northern Star Resources continuously invest in their people.
- Competitive remuneration package with KPI bonuses based on site performance.
Are you our next Electrical Technician?
You’ll be a highly motivated individual who is looking to develop your skills.
You will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the mining industry
- HV Switching Ticket
- Certificate IV Instrumentation
- Experience in PLC Systems and Control Communication Systems
- Competent understanding of electrical schematics
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices
- St Johns Senior First Aid certificate (desirable)
- Awareness of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.