We are looking for motivated, passionate and driven individuals to join Northern Star Resources.
- Benefits of a residential lifestyle close to Kalgoorlie
- Dynamic and energetic company
- Career development opportunities
We currently have an opportunity for an Environmental & Social Responsibility Adviser on a 5:2 roster based within our Kalgoorlie Operations. This is a challenging and exciting role which allows you to utilise and build your previous skills whilst building relationships within all levels of the business.
The Environmental & Social Responsibility Adviser reports to the Senior Environmental & Social Responsibility Adviser, and the primary role is to provide advice and support to site leaders on environmental management and compliance processes. The ideal candidate will be an excellent team player and take an active role in building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Duties will include coordinating routine environmental monitoring, preparing compliance reports, developing and delivering awareness programs, maintaining monitoring databases, undertaking work area inspections and assisting with ongoing improvements to the sites Environmental Management System.
You will be required to actively contribute towards achieving the Company’s vision by demonstrating a clear commitment to the Company’s values; Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in the resources industry;
- Tertiary qualification in an Environment-related discipline;
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence;
- Understanding of environmental impacts associated with a mining and/or processing operation;
- Understanding of environmental, conservation and heritage related legislation;
- Knowledge of Environmental Management Systems (EMS);
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring and inspection regimes;
- Computer literacy and competent IT user (Microsoft Office, GIS, etc);
- Strong report writing and presentation skills;
- Good communication skills; and the
- Flexibility to adapt to the potential changing needs of the business.
|Job Category||Occupational Health, Safety & Environment|