Northern Star Resources have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join the Engineering team at our world-class Yandal Operations, out at our Jundee Mine.
What’s the role on offer?
As the Geotechnical Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical support and assistance to the mining operations with regards to mine planning, design and geotechnical support to optimise mine operations.
You will also be responsible for:
- Provide geotechnical support and assistance to the operation, ensuring that the operation complies with all the relevant company and statutory requirements.
- Liaise with key personnel including geologists, surveyors, engineers, managers, and operators.
- Obtaining rock samples at different depths across sites and testing samples to determine strength, and other factors that affect the behaviour of rock
- Plan and direct survey work to analyse the likely behaviour of rock when placed under pressure below ground.
- Propose safe and fit for purpose mining plans to key stakeholders.
- Provide geotechnical input to the mine design and scheduling process.
- Analysing structural systems (ground support) for both static and dynamic loads
- Monitor and assess the performance of the geotechnical designs
- Monitor and assess ground support installation (QAQC)and performance(strain, corrosion)
- Investigate and assess geotechnical occurrences and make recommendations.
- Carryout geotechnical evaluations, risk assessments and make geotechnical recommendations.
- Collect geotechnical information through mapping of underground excavations and geotechnical logging of core.
- Provide support with maintaining the IMS seismic system.
- Provide support with seismic data processing, analysis & reporting.
- Review and update the Ground Control Management Plan (GCMP).
- Maintain and update all geotechnical related procedures and operating standards.
- Deliver ground awareness to site personnel.
- Conduct Geotechnical Numerical Modelling as required.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly geotechnical reports
- Look for, assess & implement Business Improvement opportunities.
Are you our next Geotechnical Engineer?
You’ll be a highly dynamic individual who is looking to advance their expertise in mining.
You will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Degree in Geotechnical Engineering (or equivalent)
- A minimum 5 years’ experience including 2 years’ relevant UG Mining experience in a Geotechnical focused role.
- Knowledge of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated practical and technical Geotechnical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use specialised Geotechnical hardware and software, including Map3D, the RocScience suite, as well as specialised seismic software packages.
- Proficient in the use of Datamine software.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Be part of successful and productive team.
- Great company culture with the opportunity to lead and develop a great workforce.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances and exceptional benefits.
- Membership access to our GOLDSTARR reward gateway program.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
No agency referrals will be accepted at this time.