What’s the role on offer?
As the Mine Geologist in Kalgoorlie, you will be responsible for collecting geological information and performing the underground geological activities required to facilitate the safe, efficient and cost-effective extraction and growth of the mineral reserve within the mine area to meet or exceed Northern Star’s performance requirements within the Geology Department.
You will also be responsible for:
- Provide direction for each face of the underground development headings based on a thorough investigation of, and understanding of, the information available.
- Collect samples and mapping information from the development faces
- Perform geological mapping of all operating ore development and any other development as instructed by the Senior Mine Geologists.
- Update and interpret the level plans as part of the development mapping cycle including interpreting the structures in light of the new information collected in the mapping.
- Perform geological checks of all headings where there is some uncertainty of whether ore is present in the broken rock
- Clearly communicate all relevant information at handovers, both on a daily basis and for the weekly shift handover.
- Perform end-of-hole checks on diamond drill rigs as required
- Interpret, mark up, and wall map opportunity structures and get survey to pick them up.
- Perform drill rig and assay lab audits and other inspections or safety tasks as required
- Ensure that the diamond drill core is logged in an accurate and timely manner
- Validate the drill hole logging
- Complete daily production reconciliation
- Perform development mapping as required
- Update and interpret the level plans as part of the development mapping cycle
- Validate all of the face chips in Vulcan.
- Plan infill grade control drill programs
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Be part of successful and productive team.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances and exceptional benefits.
- Membership access to our GOLDSTARR reward gateway program.
Are you our next Mine Geologist?
You’ll be a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow and develop their experience within the mining industry.
You will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Degree majoring in Geology from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to learn, set achievable goals and safely achieve tasks is required.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Computer literacy –Microsoft Office and Vulcan software is preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all geological and environmental tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- St Johns Senior First Aid certificate (desirable).
- Awareness of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
|Job Category||Exploration & Geology|