Northern Star are currently looking for a Mine Geologist to join our team in Kalgoorlie. The successful incumbent will be required to actively contribute towards achieving the Company’s vision by demonstrating a clear commitment to Northern Star’s values; Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results.
- Permanent position offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration and benefits.
- Opportunity to work for a progressive company that offers development opportunities.
We currently have an opportunity for a Mine Geologist to join our team in Kalgoorlie on an 8:6 or a 5:2 roster.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist the Mine Geologist will be responsible for collecting primary geological information and meeting daily and weekly mine geology requirements for the underground operation. Working with a strong and dynamic team, this is an exciting opportunity to expand on your previous skills and experience whilst building relationships within all levels of the business.
This role is a residential role, requiring the successful incumbent to reside in Kalgoorlie or the local area.
- Degree majoring in Geology from a recognised tertiary institution, preferably with Honours.
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- A minimum of 2 years geological experience, preferably in gold and underground.
- Experience in the use of Geological Software (acQuire & Datamine preferred).
- Familiarity with QA/QC processes.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work within a team and maintain strong stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all geological and environmental tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- St Johns Senior First Aid certificate (desirable).
- Legal right to work within Australia.
- A National Police Clearance.
Joining Northern Star’s Family
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
To apply for this opportunity, simply click the apply button.
Northern Star strives for workplace excellence and actively supports and contributes to local communities (http://www.nsrltd.com/sustainability/community/) in which we operate. We encourage workplace diversity. Female and Indigenous and Torres Strait Islanders applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Job Category||Exploration & Geology|