Mine Production Engineer – Underground
An excellent opportunity exists for a motivated, diligent underground production engineer to join the high performing team at our Jundee Operations. Jundee is a world class and well-established gold mining operation situated in the Northern Yandal Greenstone Belt that continuously delivers industry leading metrics. Since acquiring Jundee in 2014, Northern Star has successfully concentrated on growing Jundee’s resources, reserves and production profile restoring its world class status and extending mine life visibility.
What we offer:
- Permanent position with an extended mine-life offering long term job security.
- Great company culture with strong relationships built across all our sites.
- Excellent site facilities including wet mess, fitness centre & classes.
- Ongoing training and development, Northern Star Resources continuously invest in their people.
- Competitive remuneration package with KPI bonuses based on site performance
- Attractive 8/6 roster
- Additional Employee benefits
Joining the team as an Underground Mining Engineer, you will report to the Senior Production Engineer and will be responsible for the provision of adequate technical and operational support to the safe, successful extraction of stoping ore blocks.
You will complete stope designs that maximise economic extraction of geological stope shapes whilst monitoring daily performance and contributing strongly to the delivery of production forecast physicals, in excess of 1.5M stope tonnes per annum, utilising a contractor workforce of over 300 personnel and a large mechanical fleet that includes 6 production drills and 5 remote loaders.
Key responsibilities of your role include:
- Develop and communicate accurate and achievable Drill & Blast designs and plans, ensuring these are completed in a timely manner to achieve targets.
- Monitor daily performance of development and production activities, constantly seeking opportunities for increased operational performance.
- Project and business improvement work as directed by the Mine Manager.
- Assist with generation of weekly and three-monthly forecasts.
- Work closely with stakeholders across site including the Principal Mining Contractor.
- Work closely with the Geological Department to ensure maximum value is derived from all stoping areas of the operation.
- Contribute to the health and safety of all personnel who work at Jundee.
What we are looking for:
- Behaviour consistent with Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results.
- Tertiary Qualification in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in underground mine engineering.
- Completion of practical underground experience and tertiary credentials suitable for qualifications as a WA First Class Mine Manager
- Underground production and planning experience in a mechanised hard-rock underground mine.
- High level of computer literacy, experience using Vulcan, Deswik & Ventsim is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all mining related tasks.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with people.
- Knowledge of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence (Manual).
- St Johns Senior First Aid Certificate (desirable).
Joining Northern Star’s Team:
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.