Northern Star Resources have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a diligent Project Engineer to provide engineering and technical advice for process infrastructure projects at our world-class Kalgoorlie Operations, on a 5:2 roster.
What’s the role on offer?
In this diverse and challenging role, you will be responsible for providing engineering and technical advice for process infrastructure projects. You will ensure sound engineering practices are applied and project deliverables are developed and executed in accordance with business objectives within the Processing department.
You will also be responsible for:
- Providing strong leadership and management in all phases of assigned projects including feasibility, budgeting, design, planning, permitting, execution, commissioning and optimisation.
- Developing budgets and cost control functions on projects.
- Providing procurement tracking functions for projects.
- Liaising with third party engineering resources in a timely manner.
- Managing contractors and contractor performance for projects.
- Providing engineering advice and support to management and peers.
- Developing resource schedules for projects to be completed during shutdowns.
- Developing and reviewing projects to minimise impact on constructability, production rates and plant run time.
- Providing progress updates for projects.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Great company culture with strong relationships built across all our sites.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting work environment.
- Competitive remuneration package with bonuses, insurances and exceptional benefits.
- Membership access to our GoldSTARR reward gateway program.
Are you our next Project Engineer?
You’ll be a highly motivated individual who is looking to challenge yourself and get rewarding results .
You will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- A Mechanical Engineering degree however suitably experienced individuals with a Civil, Structural, Electrical or Process Engineering degree from a recognised tertiary institution will also be considered.
- 3+ years relevant post-graduate experience in construction and project management or a design engineering related role.
- Previous mine site and mineral processing experience.
- Experience in planning, procurement, construction, commissioning and optimisation.
- Experience in scheduling, scope of work development, budget development, and cost control
- Sound understanding of project control functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams.
All applicants must have a current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
This role is a residential role, based in Kalgoorlie.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
What we are looking for:
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.