We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Kalgoorlie Operation for an experienced and motivated Project Exploration Geologist on a family friendly 5/2 roster based in Kalgoorlie.
What we offer:
- Residential lifestyle close to Kalgoorlie
- Family friendly roster
- Excellent employee benefits
The Project Exploration Geologist reports to the Senior Exploration Geologist, and the primary role is to undertake planning, and supervision of exploration activities, interpretation and reporting of exploration results in a safe, effective and efficient manner, giving increases in mineral resources.
This role is a residential role, requiring the successful incumbent to reside in Kalgoorlie or the local area.
What we are looking for:
- Degree majoring in Geology from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in near mine exploration.
- Knowledge of mapping, structural geology, geochemistry, drilling and sampling techniques. Some understanding of resource estimation methods.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all geological and environmental tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Ability to work unsupervised and display good problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Awareness of tenement management and relevant legislation
- Preferably Member of accredited professional organisation (e.g. AusIMM, AIG).
- St Johns Senior First Aid certificate (desirable).
Joining Northern Star’s Team:
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
|Job Category||Exploration & Geology|