We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Kalgoorlie Operation for an experienced and motivated Exploration Geologist on a family friendly 5/2 roster based in Kalgoorlie.
What we offer:
- Residential lifestyle close to Kalgoorlie
- Family friendly roster
- Excellent employee benefits
The Exploration Geologist reports to the Senior Exploration Geologist, and the primary role is to carry out safe, effective and efficient exploration giving increases in mineral resources on projects suitable to support the Operations Life of Mine plans within the Exploration and Geology Departments.
This role is a residential role, requiring the successful incumbent to reside in Kalgoorlie or the local area.
What we are looking for:
- Degree majoring in Geology from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Manual Drivers Licence.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in the mining industry.
- Computer literacy with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all geological and environmental tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Membership of a professional geological association, such as the AIG or AusIMM (desirable).
- St Johns Senior First Aid certificate (desirable).
- Awareness of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
Joining Northern Star’s Team:
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
|Job Category||Exploration & Geology|