We are currently looking for a motivated, passionate and driven individual to join the Northern Star team within our Kalgoorlie Operations.
- Benefits of a residential lifestyle close to Kalgoorlie
- Dynamic and energetic mine geology team
- Career development opportunities
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Mine Geologist to join our team in Kalgoorlie on a 5:2 roster.
The Project Mine Geologist reports to the Geology Manager. The primary role is to identify and delineate in-mine mineral resources to drive growth in an established mine and oversee underground geological activities required to facilitate the safe, efficient and cost-effective extraction, enabling the geology team to meet and exceed Northern Star’s performance requirements.
This role is a residential role, requiring the successful applicant to reside in Kalgoorlie or the local area.
Skills & Requirements
- Degree majoring in Geology from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in underground metalliferous mining
- Be a leader in safety, reporting hazards, conducting inspections.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure, dynamic production environment, deliver on schedule, and achieve tasks safely.
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office and acQuire and Datamine software is preferred.
- Proven competency in all aspects of underground geology; geological modelling, mapping, face sampling etc.
- Generate and manage UG drilling programs, logging, validation, QAQC.
- Demonstrated ability to set achievable goals, effectively delegate and mentor is critical.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all geological and environmental tasks and flexibility to improve procedures and practices.
- Ability to work within a small – medium sized team, sharing workload, assisting others.
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- Awareness of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
Joining Northern Star’s Team:
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
|Job Category||Exploration & Geology|