Northern Star Resources is the global gold growth company, with three large, high margin production centres exclusively in the tier one locations of Western Australia and Alaska, USA. Production guidance is 1.6 million ounces in the current financial year, before climbing to 2 million ounces by FY27.
Current Reserves of 19Moz underpin long mine lives across the portfolio, with further upside from an enviable track record in exploration and discovery. Responsible and progressive ESG practices are integral to the Northern Star business.
Northern Star has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a PROJECT RESOURCE GEOLOGIST to join us at our world-class JUNDEE Operation. This opportunity is offered FIFO from Perth on an 8/6 roster.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Delivering grade control and resource models with associated documentation. Jundee models require intensive interpretation, development of ore body and geology wireframes, estimation, and comprehensive documentation of the processes.
- Liaising with production and drilling geologists to ensure drilling and mapping is planned and scheduled to allow timely delivery of estimations to meet operational and Northern Star corporate reserve deadlines.
- Reviewing project areas to identify resource extension opportunities and additional resources, assist drilling geologists with any additional drilling required.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with drill and blast staff and mine planning engineers to ensure that models are delivered to meet operational requirements.
- Prior to modelling, reviewing relevant underground mapping and sampling for quality and provide feedback.
- Interpreting and validating the geology and assay value results to guarantee integrity and reliability of the geological database.
- Actively participating in all QA/QC programs including lab audits. Monitoring and producing relevant reports on QA/QC performance of assay labs and other data sources to ensure accurate records are maintained for all resource evaluation activities.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and statutory requirements to minimise Northern Star’s risk exposure and liabilities.
- Driving ongoing geological improvement by analysing existing processes and implementing enhancements.
Required skills and experience:
- Geology degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Minimum of 3 years underground geology experience in the mining industry (preferably in gold).
- High level wireframing skills.
- Competent in running estimations (preferably Kriging).
- Experienced in the use of Geological Software (preferably Vulcan).
- Ability to work unsupervised and display good problem-solving skills.
- Current WA ‘C’ Class drivers’ licence.
Why join us?
When you join, you join the next exciting growth stage of Northern Star. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Vibrant hub of activity, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team.
- Great company culture with the opportunity to lead and develop a great workforce.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses and exceptional benefits.
- Membership access to our GOLDSTARR reward gateway program.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local communities in which we operate. We recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
No agency referrals will be accepted at this time.
|Job Category||Exploration & Geology|