As a result of internal growth, we currently have an exciting opportunity at our Jundee operation for a diligent Project Engineer to join our team on an attractive FIFO 8/6 roster. Jundee is a world class and well-established gold mining operation situated in the Northern Yandal Greenstone Belt that continuously delivers industry leading metrics. Since acquiring Jundee in 2014, Northern Star has successfully concentrated on growing Jundee’s resources, reserves and production profile restoring its world class status and extending mine life visibility.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Great company culture with the opportunity to build strong relationships across all our sites.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances and exceptional benefits.
- Excellent site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness facilities & classes.
What’s the role on offer?
In this diverse and challenging role you will be responsible for providing engineering and technical advice for process infrastructure projects. You will ensure sound engineering practices are applied and project deliverables are developed and executed in accordance with business objectives within the Processing department.
Key responsibilities of your role include:
- Providing project management on key projects through all project phases including feasibility, design, planning, permitting, execution, commissioning and optimisation.
- Developing budgets and providing cost control functions on projects.
- Providing procurement tracking functions for projects.
- Liaising with third party engineering resources in a timely manner.
- Managing contractors and contractor performance for projects.
- Providing engineering advice and support to Management and peers.
- Developing resource schedules for projects to be completed during shutdowns.
- Reviewing projects for constructability impacts and minimising downtime via shutdowns.
- Providing monthly progress updates for projects.
Are you our next Project Engineer?
You’ll be a highly motivated individual with behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in the future growth and stability of the mine.
- Engineering degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Metallurgy from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- 3+ years post-graduate relevant experience in mineral processing plants or engineering design related role.
- Previous mine site experience.
- Experience in some of the following aspects; engineering design, planning, procurement, construction, commissioning and optimisation.
- Experience in scheduling, scope of work development, budget development, and cost control
- Sound understanding of project control functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams.