Project Mine Geologist
Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with four Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness.
Northern Star Resources have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Project Mine Geologist to join the Geology team at our world-class Kalgoorlie Operations, on a 5:2 Roster
This role is residential to Kalgoorlie, requiring the successful incumbent to reside in the local area.
What’s the role on offer?
As the Project Mine Geologist, you will be responsible for, but not limited to identifying and delineating in-mine mineral resources and playing a pinnacle role in contributing to the success of Northern Star:
Key areas of responsibility:
- Drive ounce additions for the business – drill targeting, 3D geological and structural interpretation as well as high quality data collection
- Technical mentoring and development of more junior team members
- Drill program design and management – inclusive of contractor supervision
- GC Modelling exposure and training
- Provide technical support to production in mapping, geology modelling, and control of development.
- Working closely with the mine technical teams to ensure efficient and accurate ore extraction
- Continuously driving ongoing geological improvement & growth
- Technical report writing and QAQC management
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team.
In joining Northern Star, you will experience:
- Vibrant hub of activity on site, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team.
- Great company culture with the opportunity to lead and develop a great workforce.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances, and exceptional benefits.
- Membership access to our GOLDSTARR reward gateway program
Are you our next Project Mine Geologist?
You will be a highly driven individual who is looking to expand their knowledge and be part of our Kalgoorlie community.
You will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results (STARR)
- Tertiary qualification in geology
- Current “C” Class Manual Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated geological experience, the majority of which must be in UG gold.
- Experience in the use of Geological Software (Datamine, Vulcan, or other similar) for wireframing and drill design.
- More than 4 years underground experience.
- Demonstrated ability to set achievable goals, effectively delegate and mentor is critical.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to safety
- A demonstrated ability to work within a team and maintain strong stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all geological and environmental tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
This is a Kalgoorlie based role, requiring the successful incumbent to reside in our fantastic local area.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
No agency referrals will be accepted at this time.