Safety & Training Advisor
Northern Star Resources have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Safety & Training Advisor at our Corporate Office in Subiaco.
What’s the role on offer?
Reporting to the Principal – Health and Safety, in this Corporate based role you will assist in the delivery of improved safety and practices across the business, for multiple mine-sites. Working closely with the broader Corporate and Site OHS and training teams, you will roll out health and safety initiatives to all areas of the business, delivering on safety strategies and action plans. Regular travel to sites will be required, whilst on sites you will be involved in daily operational duties including hazard identification, risk assessments, toolbox talks, training, and conducting comprehensive incident investigations. You will work with the team to further develop and maintain and effective safety management system, reviewing standards and procedures for continual improvement.
You will also be responsible for:
- Delivering technical expertise ensuring alignment to statutory and company OHS requirements.
- Develop and implement training modules and undertake TNA’s as directed.
- Providing ongoing support to site operations through proactive leadership, knowledge, and support to reduce health and safety risks, preventing injury and illness.
- Delivering site-based safety and training activities.
- Maintain accurate training and safety records ensuring compliance has been met.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor procedural systems, processes, and training in accordance with company and legislative requirements.
- Monitor and manage training requirements of all employees to ensure skill requirements are met.
- Driving the risk-based system assurance culture by supporting hazard identification and risk assessment processes.
- Promoting timely reporting of incidents and aiding in the identification of remedial actions.
- Initiating effective consultation arrangements with all stakeholders that result in a collaborative approach to identifying and managing strategic risk concerns.
- Monitor the completion of recommendations and actions from incident investigations, inspections, and audits across the business.
- Preparing and collating safety data for monthly quality reports and implement safety-related meetings monitoring action items until completion.
- Performing OHS compliance audits, ensuring consistent implementation and adherence to systems and related procedures across the organisation.
- Coaching and mentoring all internal and external stakeholders, promoting NSR’s OHS standards.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration with bonuses based on performance.
- Subsidised health insurance cover following the successful completion of probation period.
- Income protection.
- Membership access to our GoldSTARR reward gateway program.
Are you our next Safety & Training Advisor?
You’ll have a minimum of a WHS Diploma, with a clearly defined background working in health and safety advisory with strong tenure in these roles. You will have experience working within both surface and underground mining environments across multiple sites. You will be tenacious, autonomous and a self-starter, with exceptional communication skills and the ability to support and work closely with the broader team.
You will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Minimum Diploma WHS.
- (Desired: Recognised tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) or a related discipline.
- Cert iv Workplace Training and Assessing.
- Lead Auditor Qualifications.
- Sound understanding of risk management processes preferably ICAM.
- Sound understanding of INX modules and application across a mining company.
- Detailed working knowledge of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in competency-based training and assessment methods.
- Previous exposure to incident investigation, auditing processes and workplace inspections.
- Knowledge of induction and safety training programs and initiatives.
- Knowledge of Chemalert system.
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety and Workers’ Compensation legislation in Western Australia.
- St John’s Senior First Aid certificate or equivalent.
- Current manual “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
|Job Category||Occupational Health, Safety & Environment|