Senior Mine Engineer
Northern Star Resources have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Senior Mining Engineer to join our Technical Services team in our Corporate Office, based in central Subiaco location.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Great company culture with the opportunity to build strong relationships across all our sites.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances and exceptional benefits.
- Vibrant Subiaco location close to public transport and great coffee/lunch options.
What’s the role on offer?
As a Senior Mining Engineer, you will work has part of a high performing team of mining experts who provide support to Northern Star Resources mining operations. You will report to our General Manager of Technical Services and will be responsible for:
- Undertaking mine planning and feasibility work for both operational and development projects
- Liaise with and support site technical personnel directly and with training needs
- Undertake scenario analysis of alternate mine designs and sequences to ensure optimal outcomes
- Compile underground reserves and fulfil the role of Corporate Signatory for reserves
- Provide mining engineering support to management
- Undertake site-based relief work as required
Are you our next Senior Mining Engineer?
You’ll be a highly motivated, mining engineering technical expert with behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mining Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the mining industry
- Clear understanding of regulatory requirements for open cut and underground mines
- Working knowledge of various underground mining methods; open cut knowledge highly advantageous.
- Exposure to mine auditing and assessment techniques
- Sound analytical skills
- Computer literacy with experience working across Mine Design Software and Microsoft Office suite
- Strong report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on results and meet tight deadlines
- Hold yourself to a high standard of accuracy and accountability
- Fantastic interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well within a great team and build strong relationships across multiple levels of the business including site-based personnel
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.