Senior Mine Geologist
Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with four Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness.
Northern Star Resources have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Senior Mine Geologist to lead the Geology team at our world-class Kalgoorlie Operations, on an 8:6 roster.
What’s the role on offer?
As the Senior Mine Geologist at Millennium, you will be responsible for directing and participating in all underground grade control functions, demonstrated by accurate and timely geological delineation of the ore meeting the Mining Department schedule.
You will also be responsible for:
- Familiarity with all underground grade control methods and techniques.
- Drill data collection and validity, interpretation updates, QAQC, determining mineralisation controls and modelling the geology to develop mineral resources.
- Ensure detailed geological mapping is completed on time for all active development areas.
- High level planning, including drill scheduling, and working with mine planning with development and stope designs.
- Create, estimate and report on grade control block models for the underground mine.
- Liaise with other departments as required regarding mine planning and operations, and metallurgy to assist with optimal mill performance.
- Ensure daily and monthly mine to mill reconciliations are monitored and completed.
- Ensure quarterly and 6 monthly resource versus reserve reconciliation reports are completed.
- Build and manage team as required including mentoring the less experienced staff, emphasising safety, high technical standards and continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership to ensure that all geology & diamond drill personnel adhere to safety standards that exceed industry practice and any applicable legislative provisions.
- Ensure all geology consumables are maintained while monitoring costs.
- Complete project work and presentations to a professional standard as and when required.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- The ability to be part of successful and productive team.
- Great company culture with the opportunity to lead and develop a great workforce.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances and exceptional benefits.
- Membership access to our GOLDSTARR reward gateway program.
Are you our next Senior Mine Geologist?
You’ll be a highly motivated individual who is looking to take the next step in developing their career.
You will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Bachelor of Science, majoring in Geology
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the mining industry(majority underground), in structurally controlled gold deposits.
- Dynamic, high energy, self-motivated.
- Resource modelling and QA/QC.
- Mining software skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute field programs with minimal direction.
- Computer literacy –Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all geological and environmental tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- St Johns Senior First Aid certificate (desirable).
- Awareness of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
No agency referrals will be accepted at this time.
|Job Category||Exploration & Geology|