Senior Mining Engineer
Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is an Australian ASX 100 gold producer with four Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star is the second largest Australian gold producer and among the top 25 gold miners globally. Northern Star continues to invest in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and generate earning accretive value for its Shareholders through operational effectiveness.
Northern Star Resources have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an experienced Senior Mining Engineer to lead our production/planning teams to ensure production physicals are met and to ensure the long-term growth and viability of our world-class Jundee Operations, offered on an 8:6 work-life balanced roster.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Vibrant hub of activity on site, with the ability to optimise the life of mine and directly impact sites ability to meet production and cost objectives.
- Great company culture with the opportunity to lead and develop a great workforce.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses, insurances and exceptional benefits.
- Membership access to our GOLDSTARR reward gateway program.
What’s the role on offer?
As the Senior Mining Engineer, your primary role is to lead either the Production or Planning Teams to enable the business to meet its objectives in terms of production and cost. You will manage and coordinate mining activities to ensure the production physicals are achieved, and to also provide guidance and mentoring to Graduate Mining Engineers (Production) or ensure the long-term growth and viability of the mining operation by delivering short, medium and long term mine plans and optimise life of mine (Planning).
Are you our next Senior Mining Engineer?
You’ll be a highly motivated individual who is looking to lead a world-class team of mining and planning experts towards successfully and consistently meeting objectives.
You will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- Qualified Mining Engineer.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in the mining industry.
- Holding WA First Class Mine Managers Certificate is considered highly desirable.
- Underground production and planning experience with mining technology and heavy production equipment in a mechanised hard-rock underground mine.
- Significant experience in all planning processes, from long to short term.
- Experience and knowledge of various mining methods.
- Detailed knowledge of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Competent in the use of mine planning and design software – in particular Vulcan and Deswik packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring experience.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately.
We are not accepting CV’s from agencies at this time.