What’s the role on offer?
Reporting to the OHS Manager, in this Corporate based role you will assist in the delivery of improved safety and practices across the business, for multiple mine-sites. Working closely with the broader corporate and site OHS and training teams, you will roll out health and safety initiatives to all areas of the business, delivering on safety strategies and action plans.
Regular travel to sites will be required, whilst on site you will be involved in daily operational duties including hazard identification, risk assessments, toolbox talks, and conducting comprehensive incident investigations. You will work with the team to further develop and maintain and effective safety management system, reviewing standards and procedures for continual improvement.
You will also be responsible for:
- Delivering technical expertise ensuring alignment to statutory and company OHS requirements.
- Providing ongoing support to site operations through proactive leadership, knowledge, and support to reduce health and safety risks, preventing injury and illness.
- Delivering site-based safety activities.
- Maintain accurate safety records ensuring compliance has been met.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor procedural systems, processes, and training in accordance with company and legislative requirements.
- Driving the risk-based system assurance culture by supporting hazard identification and risk assessment processes.
- Promoting timely reporting of incidents and aiding in the identification of remedial actions.
- Initiating effective consultation arrangements with all stakeholders that result in a collaborative approach to identifying and managing strategic risk concerns.
- Monitor the completion of recommendations and actions from incident investigations, inspections, and audits across the business.
- Preparing and collating safety data for monthly quality reports and implement safety-related meetings monitoring action items until completion.
- Performing OHS compliance audits, ensuring consistent implementation and adherence to systems and related procedures across the organisation.
- Coaching and mentoring all internal and external stakeholders, promoting NSR’s OHS standards.
Why join us?
When you join our Company, you join the Northern Star Team. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
- Excellent remuneration with bonuses based on performance.
- Subsidised health insurance cover following the successful completion of probation period.
- Income protection.
- Membership access to our GoldSTARR reward gateway program.
Are you our next Senior OHS Advisor?
You will display behaviour consistent to our Northern Star Values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Results, looking to work with the business for the long term and be an integral part in its future growth and development.
- High level of interpersonal, communication, problem solving and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to positively influence others.
- Sound experience in Occupational Health & Safety within the Mining & Resources industry.
- High level of experience providing advice and support to all levels of business, including management, in the implementation of OHS policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in underground mining operations highly desirable.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety or a related discipline.
- Lead Auditor Qualifications.
- Sound understanding of mining and minerals processing operations, including a detailed understanding of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations.
- Experience in incident investigations, workplace inspections and audits.
- Sound understanding of risk management processes, preferably ICAM.
- St John’s Senior First Aid certificate or equivalent.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the ‘apply’ button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.