We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Kanowna Belle operation for an experienced and motivated Processing Superintendent on a family friendly 5/2 roster based in Kalgoorlie.
What we offer:
- Permanent position
- Residential role enabling you to be home every night
- Ongoing training and development, Northern Star Resources continuously invest in their people.
- Competitive remuneration package with KPI bonuses based on site performance.
The Processing Superintendent reports to the Processing Manager, and the primary role is to lead the Processing Team in a safe and productive work environment by ensuring all work practices and procedures meet Statutory, Company OHS and Company Operational Standards within the Processing Department.
This role is a residential role, requiring the successful incumbent to reside in Kalgoorlie or the local area.
What we are looking for:
- Frontline Management Training or equivalent.
- Current Police Clearance Certificate.
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the mining industry.
- Ability to provide direction, guidance and influence the organisation at management level.
- Ability to provide effective direction and advice to subordinate personnel.
- Ability to develop appropriate action plans in order to respond to current and emerging challenges.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems.
- Extensive knowledge in gold processing and classified plant management.
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all processing tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- St Johns Senior First Aid certificate (desirable).
- Awareness of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Development of succession planning for key roles
- Maintain training competencies through training needs analysis program.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Commitment and recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.