Maintaining a safe and healthy workplace is vital to the running of an efficient and sustainable business; but most importantly, it ensures everyone goes home safe and unharmed at the end of the day.
We expect all employees and contractors to champion a safe and healthy workplace culture, with a ‘safety-first’ philosophy central to all our work activities.
We drive a safe and healthy work environment by:
1. Living by our behaviour-based “Five STARR safety program.” The program rewards positive safety behaviour by our employees and contractors and puts the focus on:
2. Providing information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure safe working.
3. Implementing and maintaining a Safety Management System that ensures all hazards and risks are identified, evaluated and managed.
4. Ensuring that managers and supervisors understand their responsibilities and are authorised to take remedial action.
5. Working in conjunction with the workforce to develop and maintain safe systems of work and related procedures that meet Occupational Health and Safety legislative requirements.
With the recent expansion of our business through acquisition, we have successfully concentrated on the safe and effective integration of all new assets and people.