The Company is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Australian privacy principles
The Company is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1998 (“Privacy Act”). The APPs establish minimum standards in relation to the collection, handling, use, disclosure, management, access, correction and disposal of ‘personal information’. In summary, ‘personal information’ is information or an opinion relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual.
How we collect personal information
- when you provide information directly to the Company through the Website, in person, by phone or in writing (whether by email, through surveys or any other electronic or other means);
- when you visit and/or use the Website, in which case the Company records information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other device you are using to access the Website; and
- from third parties such as the Company’s subsidiaries, service providers to the Company, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on the Website.
What we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information in connection with you accessing or using the Website:
- identifying information, such as your name
- contact information, such as your email address and telephone number
- records of our communications with you, including any messages you send us
- device information, server log information, IP address, and location information
Automatic collection of your personal information
When you visit our Website, our Internet Service Provider automatically records the following information about you:
- your server address;
- the website you visited immediately prior to ours;
- your domain name;
- date and time of your visit to our Website;
- pages you accessed and the information or documents you downloaded;
- type of browser you used; and
- any other information we request our Internet Service Provider to record from time to time.
How personal information is used
The Company will only collect, use and/or retain personal information obtained from your access or use of the Website which is reasonably necessary for the Company to conduct its business. Our principal purpose in collecting, using, and retaining your personal information is to provide a Website which is customised and secure. By accessing or using the Website, you authorise the Company to collect, use, retain, share, and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to conduct our business
- to communicate with you
- to verify your identity when you are dealing with us
- to answer your queries and requests
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- to carry out market analysis and research
- to carry out education and training programs for our staff
- to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues
- to manage shareholder and stakeholder relationships
- to carry out planning and forecasting activities and other internal business processes
- to keep you informed about our activities and updates to this Policy from time to time
Disclosure of personal information
- our employees and contractors;
- our subsidiaries;
- other companies, organisations and contractors and outsourced service providers who assist us to provide the Website or any services in connection with it, including:
- information technology service providers;
- mailing houses;
- market research organisations; and
- specialist consultants;
- third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
- government and regulatory authorities and other similar organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- such entities that we propose to merge with or be acquired by.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we disclose your personal information is aware of the confidentiality of the information and abides by the APPs or equivalent privacy laws. We will obtain your consent to any proposed use or disclose personal information where we intends to use or disclose the information for a different purpose to the purpose for which it was collected, or a purpose not related to the purpose for which it was collected, except where permitted by the Privacy Act (such as disclosure to a law enforcement body in relation to unlawful activity or misconduct).
As the Company operates in multiple locations including the United States, it may disclose personal information both in Australia and overseas for the purpose of conducting its business. The Company will not collect sensitive information other than in accordance with the APPs.
We (or a third party providing services to the Company) employ cookies to monitor and track your usage of our websites, collect aggregated data regarding that usage, and enhance our services to provide you with a more efficient experience. This may involve personalising certain sections of our websites based on your preferences and previous activities on those sites. “Cookies” are small text files generated and stored on your hard drive by your internet browser software. These files contain relevant information about the web page you are currently viewing. Most internet browsers offer the option to disable cookies entirely. Please consult your browser’s help menu to learn how to do this. While you can still navigate our websites with cookies disabled, certain functionalities may be unavailable or may not work properly.
Storage and security
The Company will:
- take reasonable steps to protect personal information;
- protect personal information it holds from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- not use identifiers assigned by Government agencies (eg. tax file numbers);
- where lawful and practicable, respect the anonymity of an individual if requested,
- only transfer personal information to foreign countries after taking such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the APPs, or which have at least equivalent privacy protection and where the individual has access to mechanisms to enforce that privacy protection;
- ensure all contractual arrangements with third parties adequately address privacy issues; and
- securely destroy personal information where it is no longer required and isn’t required to be held by law.
Access to information
The Company will be open with respect to privacy issues and, where appropriate, will provide access to personal information. The Company will correct any inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, irrelevant and/or misleading personal information held at the request of the relevant individual, and will take all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information collected, and used, is accurate, up to date and complete. The Company reserves the right to verify an individual’s identity before providing any personal information.
Access will not be provided where:
- the consequences will have an unreasonable privacy impact on others;
- the request is frivolous;
- there are existing legal proceedings;
- providing access is unlawful or prejudicial to law enforcement; and
- the Company determines that access is not required by the Act.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Company regarding any access requests, concerns that you may have about this Policy, or to make a complaint about a breach of privacy. The Company will investigate any alleged breach of privacy and advise you of the outcome of the investigation and any remedial action taken to address any breach established.